Day jobs?

ChrisB

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never had a steady job, like typical day job, since I have a sleep disorder I tend to freelance most often. Mainly I work as a copywritter, sometimes I dabble with graphic design, but thats new. I also freelance software development occasionally  (like those https://xsolve.software/), altho that last one doesnt happen that often, I focus on graphic design mostly noawadays. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is a few years old now, but like Barny who started it I am also in IT and have been for the past 20 years! Although I've enjoyed it in the main I do now feel it's time for a change and am currently in the process of buying my 5th BTL. I've managed to renovate these and get them rented out whilst working full time, and to be honest have enjoyed this more than the day job.

I don't particularly want to constantly be doing refurbs but would like to utilise some of my other skills to move into property full time. I have great analytical skills and can do pretty much anything with data I'm presented with. At the same time I really love interacting with others and seeing a project through from the early stages through to completion. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could move into property full time with my skill set?

Hello property hubbers, 

One of your newest members here (first post in fact). I have been travelling the world for the past four years since finishing university, working as a cook.  Have held a BTL since the age of 18 - now 26 - and looking to invest again in the next 12 months :)  

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • 10 months later...

Hi Hubbers,

I manage an independent tyre and car repair business which keeps me busy most of the time. I tend to buy property either ready to go or needing a light refurb and pass them over to a lettings agent to fully manage due to my lack of time. I really enjoy the process and building my property LTD company, so I’m planning to continue to do this and see where it takes me. 

Good of luck to everyone else with their goals!

Rhys :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I currently work in Police custody but I have been dabbling in property since the age of 18. My wife and myself have done numerous flips over the years and currently have a BTL. She is in education but our goal is to invest into property full time after our next flip.

All the best to everybody.

Jase

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

In most cases, I'm a freelancer. I create sites on Wix and Webflow. But recently I am engaged in custom website development (I love this one https://orangesoft.co/ ).
Did you notice that web typography is getting bigger and bolder?
Especially for landing pages and microsites.
I use this trend to grab users’ attention. It stands out from its surroundings and demands to be read.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, Ross W said:

I work as an IT security analyst now. I eventually would like to be on my own as I get a bit sick of being in the same office day after day. If I could eventually be a property developer, that would be nice. Or I could run my own store using different 1st class tools for that ;)

What programming languages do you know? 

• 1 month later...