Hi There :)

Hi there, ny name is Paula.  Thanks for having me.

I'm based in N. Ireland and currently renting with my partner.  We have been saving up for years now and are hoping to move into the market in the next 12-24 months.  It's a very exciting and slightly daunting prospect.  Looking forward to learning and picking up some advice in here.

Paula

:)

Hi there Paula! Great to have you on the forum :)

Glad that you're excited at the prospect of taking the dive into property investment! Being at the start of your journey can definitely be a little daunting, as you say, but hopefully all the info we've got at Property Hub (as well as the forum community) will make it much less overwhelming for you!

With that in mind, have you had a look through our free University Courses? They're designed to educate you on all things investment, and one of the best ones to do at the start of your journey is 'Which Property Investment Strategy is Best for you?'; https://propertyhub.net/course/which-property-strategy-is-right-for-you/

P.S. As a fellow person from Northern Ireland, I'm interested to know which area you're thinking of investing in? Belfast was in Rob & Rob's 2021 Buy-to-Let Property Hotspots, which I found really exciting; 

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

Hi Paula

I am also from Northern Ireland and didn't realize Mark was as well i don't think there is too many of us here from Northern Ireland.

Me and my wife have 12 buy to let properties in Northern Ireland, a mixture of HMO, Buy to let and serviced accomadation.

Most of what i have learned has been through this site and the two robs podcast as well as the belfast property meet which is run once a month in Belfast by property investors Chris and Mary selwood, it really is invaluable for learning for the local market at home and i suggest you go along to that although all the meetings are via zoom at the minute

The best advice i would give you is not to overthink things too much, some people i talk to if i ask them have they bought anything yet or taken action and the reply will be im still getting educated, whilst there is nothing wrong with that there comes a point where you have to take the plunge and buy

The other thing Belfast property meet is a fiver a month to attend and apart from that and one course that the two robs on here ran a few years ago through property geek where i got some invaluable spreadsheets that i still use to this day, cost 200 pound for the course which is updated and i still have access to online thats the most i have spent on property education

Facebook is full of scammers telling you they have the best property secrets and you need to pay a fee to unlock the next secrets or pay for another seminar, some people paying tens of thousands on property education which i think is madness you would be better directing that money yourself into your irst buy to let and learn as you go along Paula

hope this helps

mark

do you have any property in northern ireland.?

Barry

Hi @barry hughes

I know your response was primarily for Paula, but I've also found your response really insightful and helpful - so thank you! Glad to hear the Belfast property meet up is still taking place, albeit over Zoom.

I don't personally own any property in N.I., but I've got many good friends who are on the property ladder and at the start of their journeys, and I'm always interested to hear about any new developments taking place back home!

Mark

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

Hi There!

I'm also from Northern Ireland but living in London, I'm new to this so learning via Rob's books and whatever I can learn on here, I'm keen to buy in Belfast and think it could be a good place to start, hope so! Good to see others on here from N.I

Thanks for sharing the details about the Belfast Property Meet - will check that out and also quite interested in the invaluable spreadsheets - which course provides that?

Thanks

Denise 

Hi Mark,

I had actually missed the Two Rob,s podcasts about Belfast being one of their wild card choices and was good to here their endorsement of the city, i have one apartment in Belfast at the minute doing serviced accommodation and another two that i have sale agreed on, one of them is actually nearly complete but this EWS-1 Form carryon is really holding things up for me, im taking a long term view with serviced accommodation in Belfast that its really going to pick up, Invest Ni are now putting a lot of emphasis on the North as a place to invest due to its unique access to UK and EU so hopefully that going to create some business plus a lot of serviced accommodation operators have now went out of business and back to normal renting because of Covid so it leaves a gap in the market

I am from Armagh so most of my properties are in Portadown/craigavon area, good yields and returns there as they are industrial towns with plenty of factories etc for work.

where are you from yourself Mark.?

where do your friends have property in the North.? im always looking at new parts of northern ireland with strong fundamentals for investing but its handy to have all your properties too within a 10-12 mile radius as easier managed

the one in belfast is currently being managed by Central Belfast Apartments.

I looked at the north coast but i think its very overpriced now, there is still a little bit of value to be had in some parts of North Belfast

If you have any other areas of northern ireland you would recommend to me for investing in i would be interested to hear from you

Thanks

Barry