Other than Trello and Evernote, what else is used when it come to paperless

Nick Stott recommended Dropbox to me and it has made my life so much easier keeping all my property documents electronically indexed in one place - thanks Nick

mark-morris.jpg

The Manchester Meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming you have watched the training on going paperless, hence the question. Near the end Rob, list out a couple of Apps/Programs that can also be used.

You have to find what sits well with you though. If you are using Evernote, Trello and Dropbox you would probably be fine.

Personally I just use Evernote. Does what is needed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have started using 'One Note' which is Microsoft add on. i think it is standard with 'Miscosoft Office 2010' I use it at work and use it at home for personal stuff, its great to have one big scrap book of ideas, leads etc. it even records the web address when you copy and paste a paragraph from a website.

Question: Is there an app like Evernote, Trello, One note etc that can be synced on Windows (laptop) and also IOS (iPhone, iPad etc)? I have a microsoft tablet and my friend has an iPad, i would like to share a common work book for a joint businees venture!

Thanks!

Mark-Barnes.jpg

The Leicester meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

I think the long standing Evernote vs Onenote confusion needs some light.

I'll explain the model I am using and why.

OneNote runs my life, every seminar, website and thought that is not directly related to my property business. 

I do think this is because I can compartmentalise, all my property training notes are there. but also my favourite recipes. OneNote uses a Notebook>Tab>page system which for me is better at keeping things together and separate. it does lack on the go functionality of Evernote like voice notes.

EverNote runs my property business because I can give each property a notebook. 

There is no good reason I use Evernote instead of Onenote (and I might change in future) but why I do it is because it allows a degree of separation. Yes in Onenote I can have a Property notebook and put each property in a tab but the search feature and voice note features of Evernote are keeping me there for now. 

Curiously there are a bunch of platforms out there for managing your property portfolio why are these not more common? 

David-McGlashan.jpg

I have started using 'One Note' which is Microsoft add on. i think it is standard with 'Miscosoft Office 2010' I use it at work and use it at home for personal stuff, its great to have one big scrap book of ideas, leads etc. it even records the web address when you copy and paste a paragraph from a website.

Question: Is there an app like Evernote, Trello, One note etc that can be synced on Windows (laptop) and also IOS (iPhone, iPad etc)? I have a microsoft tablet and my friend has an iPad, i would like to share a common work book for a joint businees venture!

Thanks!

Hi Mark, Onenote does allow you to share notebooks with different people, I am not completely familiar with it but it works. and OneNoe runs perfectly on my IOS and android devices. 

David-McGlashan.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the plunge with Trello. So far it’s brilliant! The fact that all ideas are very visual and shared in one common place seems to breed even more creativity when different people look, see and comment. It seems to have added a new dimension to idea generation. I like how you can add tasks to individuals and tick lists etc

I am running this on my Microsoft Surface tablet, and my partner on iPad iOS, and they both link very well and in real time. I can also log on at work via internet explorer! (But shhhh!). You can also get it for iPhone, although not on my iPhone 4 as Trello requires iOS 8 or later.

I think trello would also be good to show to other business 'people/stakeholders' to show how much work/ideas there are to enforce what work you have been doing between meetings etc.

Great resource.

Mark-Barnes.jpg

The Leicester meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...