Jump to content

Renovation insurance

Recommended Posts

I have searched the posts and can’t find anything.  

Can anyone recommend a good insurance cover for the properties whilst they are being renovated.   We never keep high value equipment in the houses but one day someone will just break in the week before we let it and trash the place.  Our building insurance only covers us from when it’s let.   Thanks in advance.    Stephen 

Link to post

Hi Stephen

I use insurance brokers, Alan Boswell for landlords insurance, and they have 'unoccupied property' insurance when you're refurbing and it's empty. 

There are other brokers available, but I've found AB helpful and affordable. 

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

Link to post

Any commercial broker should be able to offer you 'Unoccupied Insurance'. Generally two levels, FLEA (basic perils - fire, lightning, explosion & aircraft!) and usually one tat will cover you for theft & vandalism (more expensive).

You pays your money & takes your choice!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...