Grounds to end tenancy upon moving in - Hi guys, I've just moved into a new place on Friday where there was no professional cleaning, black mould, non working white goods, no meter readings upon moving in and a number of other issues

Hi guys,

Any advice would be really useful. 

I've just moved into a new place on Friday where there was no professional cleaning, black mould, non working white goods, no meter readings upon moving in, previous tenants/landlords rubbish/broken furnishings in the storage cupboards, no blinds/coverings on some windows and most of the lights with no bulbs. 

Which of these gives me the right to break the tenancy agreement? I'm really angry at how we've been treated, we haven't been able to live in there since our actual move in date. Partner has lung issues so even the smallest patch of black mould can be an issue and we can't even sort our day to day out, like using the oven because it's so filthy or keep stuff in the freezer as it's broken, wash clothes as washing machine doesn't work, or store stuff. 

Best,

Michael. 

Hi Michael

Sorry to hear about this, it sounds awful! When you've contacted the agents who handled the letting of the property, what have they said? And does your tenancy agreement include an itinerary with details of how the property looked when you first moved in?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

• 2 weeks later...