What to do - sell or lease?

Over some months ago, I've bought a house from this developer. It's already finished - finished up to the final touches of the interior designer. But I wasn't able to move in as scheduled because of my work - I was almost always told to be on standby to report on-site despite doing work from home. It's just walking distance so that doesn't really bother me. But the house is stagnant! It's just gathering dust and snow and bugs! Should I just sell it? Or let someone lease it? I was supposed to sell this apartment the moment I moved and use the money to pay the loan.

Hi @charliebread

Are you still hoping to eventually move into the flat, or has your goal for it changed?

If you're planning to move in, leasing seems like the smartest idea. But if you don't plan to live there anymore, you could get the ball rolling on selling it. As you say, the longer it sits there untenanted, that's time you could be making money off the property.

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

On 4/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, Mark Rocks said:

Hi @charliebread

Are you still hoping to eventually move into the flat, or has your goal for it changed?

If you're planning to move in, leasing seems like the smartest idea. But if you don't plan to live there anymore, you could get the ball rolling on selling it. As you say, the longer it sits there untenanted, that's time you could be making money off the property.

I guess I'll just lease the house to help me pay for the loan. My company is really is on the rocks right now and I need to be near when needed.