Is Dudley a good place to invest?

Hello fellow hubbers

I have been looking for a rental property in Dudley so want to get a bit of insights from any one who own rental properties there. Do you consider it a good place for investment? Any advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

Yao

Hi @yaochen

Welcome to the forum!

There's been a bit of conversation about the Dudley area in this thread, which would be useful for you to read; https://propertyhub.net/forum/topic/11532-wolverhampton-flip/?tab=comments#comment-43665

And you can DM some of the members on there to see if they have any extra thoughts on the area!

Mark

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

There is an old gag quoted locally from when Dudley had a mini earthquake which caused massive damage to 20 houses and part of Dudley town centre.

The damage was estimated at £84.

Seriously though, there is a huge regeneration scheme planned for the area - that would normally be a good sign and point to increasing prices

however this may get scaled back if the coffers are empty following Covid

check this link out https://www.regeneratingdudley.org.uk/

Good luck

Steve 

www.promisemoney.co.uk

Although I invest in the midlands, I generally stay clear of the ‘Black Country’ area as historical capital growth hasn’t been great and neither are their many good jobs. I don’t want to be negative and know quite a few investors who are doing well as they know the area inside out, are happy to rent to ‘lower paid’/housing benefit individuals and price of property is relatively low. Definitely opp to to get good income if you know what you are doing. I would say that there are better places in the midlands if you are not focused on the cheapest properties

Great advice, much appreciated. I saw the local government invested £1billion in the infrastructure so I thought there might be some capital growth in the near future. But I totally get what you are saying. Thanks for the insights. 

6 hours ago, stevewalker said:

There is an old gag quoted locally from when Dudley had a mini earthquake which caused massive damage to 20 houses and part of Dudley town centre.

The damage was estimated at £84.

Seriously though, there is a huge regeneration scheme planned for the area - that would normally be a good sign and point to increasing prices

however this may get scaled back if the coffers are empty following Covid

check this link out https://www.regeneratingdudley.org.uk/

Good luck

Steve 

www.promisemoney.co.uk

Thank you for your guidance. I saw this as well that’s why I started asking around. But you’re probably right, not sure if the government will print more money after what they’ve already done.