Just getting started!

Hi all,

I'm just getting started in the property business and I'm thinking about sourcing properties on the side of my current job to raise capital and get a good handle on the process's and systems of finding good deals.  Has anyone else started this way and if so do you have any hints or tips.

Thanks Reggie

On 10/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, reggie_r said:

Hi all,

I'm just getting started in the property business and I'm thinking about sourcing properties on the side of my current job to raise capital and get a good handle on the process's and systems of finding good deals.  Has anyone else started this way and if so do you have any hints or tips.

Thanks Reggie

Its not a new concept but yes I great first step I would have thought to gain knowledge and learn from the journey of others. you'll also get between £3k-£5k for each deal.

Its been in my mind as well but from what I have researched, you want to really be able to get into investors and understand what they want and why (find the need) and then go from there. My issue is / was, where do you even start with that?!?! non of my friends are into property, non are into investment, neither are my family..dont want to be that person pushing a "BMV" deal on facebook really, that someone can then find on rightmove

• 2 weeks later...

Deal sourcing seems to be something one really needs to learn about if they want to make it in the BTL game. 

I am on the beginning of my journey and I am nervous about this sector. Is deal sourcing just finding the property and running the numbers, or handling the broker, estate agent, refurb etc as well?

I think I really need to learn that part of the business myself to be reach my goal of 20 houses by the time I am 50 (14 years)