Hi from Swansea

Hello everyone! I’m Ian and I’m just learning about property while I build up a deposit for a first property. Haven’t decided area but was thinking local first then expand out after a few years. Would like to know if anyone has invested in Swansea and if so any good tips!

Thanks.

Hi @Ian C

Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

You're definitely in the right place if you're hoping to learn more about property investment, as we've got hundreds of resources and podcast episodes you can get cracking with!

Do you know what sort of investment strategy you'd like to get started with? Our free course on property strategies walks you through the different strategies out there (flipping, buy to let, HMOs), and then gives you all the information you need to decide which strategy will work best with your goals; https://propertyhub.net/course/which-property-strategy-is-right-for-you/

And as far as beginning steps go, you can't do much better than the 'Five things you need to succeed in property investment' article that we've written - it does exactly what it says on the tin https://propertyhub.net/investing-in-property-5-steps/

Investing local before venturing further afield is quite a common approach taken by first time investors. You've got the knowledge of your local area, and you're nearby which gives you boots on the ground experience!

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

Hi Mark, hope you are well. Thanks for the reply!

At the moment I am thinking a few flips to get a bigger deposit then move to single btl and using as many services as I can. I haven’t got much time… main initial goal is to replace my wife’s salary so she can retire early.

I’ve spent the last month or so listening to the podcast. Almost every episode… I’m currently up to May21!!

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely be checking those out.

ian.

I'm very well thanks @Ian C!

Well listening to the podcast is a wonderful way to start - you've also smashed it if you've reached May 2021 already!

I'm also just thinking , you might benefit a lot from reading a few of our Progress Journals here on the forum. We've got loads of investors who started out in situation similar to yours., who've kept a thread on the forum updating as their journey progresses (and holding themselves accountable to giving updates as well).

They're always a great read and I know a lot of other investors on the forum have found them pretty inspiring; https://propertyhub.net/forum/forum/15-progress-journals/

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

Thank you for this!! I’ll have a look for some inspiration 😊

I have not yet heard the two Robs at normal speed, been listening at 1.5 speed to get through them quicker!!