rob bence

What topics would you like us to cover on The Property Podcast?

Dear Rob and Rob,

We have recently set up an LTD business to do Buy to Sell property developments.

We are in the research stage and we wondered if you might be able to provide an overview and some guidance on Affordable Housing, Section 106, CIL and SAMM contribution.

Do different councils have different policies?

What are the elements we have to consider? Pro/ Cons

To help run the numbers in the early stages of looking at a deal, is there a way to work out an estimated cost?

For exact figures, do we have to submit an application to the relevant council? How long does this take? When are the payments due?

Can you dispute the charges?

Also someone suggested we look at the First Time Buyer scheme. Are there benefits as a property developer to being part of this scheme? If so, how does one apply? Are they linked at all with Affordable Housing / Section 106?

I hope you can help to shed some light on these. 

Many thanks,

Olivia

One topic of discussion playing in my mind at the moment : Is it better to invest for cashflow now, to have more funds to then invest for capital appreciation later, or is it better to invest for capital appreciation now, and then remortgage later to invest in cashflow ?

I am looking to invest into property and still reviewing my objectives and strategy. Ultimately want cashflow to be comfortable (maybe 10 - 15 years time) to have the option to stop working. I am not too old or too young - approaching 40 eventually, whilst I have a job which isnt too exciting and I am not progressing as fast as I would like, I am okay with it. 

I know everyone's situation is different, but what are the things to consider ?