mogsie

Landlord Property Management Software

Sorry it's a bit of a boring request for my first post, but my portfolio which I manage has steadily ( v.slowly to be honest ) been increasing over the last 15 years. I now feel I need to move into the 21st century and invest in some good, reasonable priced landlord software. I mainly want to do the basics, rental, income expenditure, certificate renewal notification etc. Nothing earth shattering but will make my life a lot easier than trying to keep things in my head and checking bank statements and having numerous bits of paper when trying to do my tax return at the end of the year. Thanks

TPP046 resource of the week could be just what you are looking for http://lodgerapp.co.uk/

This week it’s Lodger App, which is a new web app to help you manage your rental properties. Until recently, software for landlords has been pretty clunky, so although we’ve not tried this one out yet it’s nice to see some new, well-designed offerings targeting this market. Give it a go and let us know what you think!

I've started using one piece of software called Property Manager 3.0 available on www.propertyhawk.co.uk

I think it's pretty good, not as nicely layout as lodgerapp but it has a bit more depth to it (i.e. you can add expenses, meter readings, etc)

As I said I've only just started using it, but so far so good.

Thanks for the recommendations Lee and Andy!

I've also had a little play with PocketRent, which is dead easy to use and looks prettier than Property Hawk. Very pricey though - not that you're going to get a better price than free anyway!

So, i'm going to chime in here because I'm a software developer and I'm actually looking at creating software for property management. Is there a demand for landlord software? If so, I'd love to speak to some landlords and understand what pains you have for this kind of stuff so I can see what kind of solutions could be created. If anyone is willing to chat with me on the phone about this please let me know!

As an agent (obviously, with software already) would people like to have the "Admin Management" that agents offer, but without the repairs, inspections, rent collection etc. (and monthly fee!).

What do you actually want the software to do?

Hi thanks to Rob,lee,Andy,cjstott and Nick for your replies - much appreciated. I'm going to checkout property manger,lodger app & pocket rent and will let you know. Personally I just want some software where I can keep all details of rent, expenses etc - easy to use. Also just something where all dates for tenancy renewals, gas safety, elect reports etc can be kept and alert me when the dates become due.

hi i have been looking for a basic piece of software too which can notify me of important things without having to remember them, does any one know of one which you can also use as an app on an iphone as opposed to just on pc.

I just use google calenndars for the reminders, works and is shared accros all devices.

For the accounts I am in a hole, years ago I was using MSMoney at home (I had a lot of accounts to track, anyone remember carpetbagging :)), when I started BTL I just set up accounts and carried on. MS have abandoned MSMoney now so I have over a decade of data that I cannot move to any other pacakge.

@bjg636 There are THOUSANDS of apps to do that...Wunderlist, Due, Reminders, Asana, GCal is great (you can set it up to send you SMS too).

The question is what do you want to remember? Is this property related? Is it EPC reminders etc?

Hi,

Apologies I know this post has moved on since my initial request but I have been on holiday. I have had now had a proper look at pocket rent, lodger app and property manager 3. I like property manger 3 best as you can upload as many property documents as you want. The task and reminder options are easy to use. It has a good expenses option and you can add extra details separately e,g Utility readings. There is also a tax summary page which looks helpful although I haven't used it in anger yet.  Not to mention that it's free. Thanks again for the response - I now have virtually all my property documentation organised online - phew !!