Accounts Spread Sheet

Hi,

Does anybody have a spread sheet template that they can share for recording investment activity through a limited company?  We have set up our company, and are beginning to accrue costs through purchasing properties. Before this gets too far in I need to start recording it all ready for company returns at the end of the year.  This is going to get more important as the properties are actually completed and regular costs and income start coming through.

I'm not sure how others do this, but I guess that there needs to be some way of showing overall costs vs income for the income aspect of the accounts, but also some kind of record / distinction for capital costs accrued for each property so that this can later be offset against any potential resale.

Given these moving parts I don't really want to make one myself as I can see it getting complicated!  Any templates or other advice very much welcomed.

Thanks

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom

I'm normally a spreadsheet fan but I used Wave Accounts (free online for low volume transactions) to record my stuff - it connects straight to your bank. I then added a number of accounts for each property so I can see Rent - Property A, Letting Fees - Property A etc. I use investment accounts on the balance sheet for capital costs - they stay there permanently rather a P&L account which goes to zero after year end. Let me know if you want a better explanation of that bit!

Cheers

Daryl

I was a Wave fan (and still am) but I am now completely sold on FreeAgent - it's totally changed how I run my accounts, connects to my bank and helps me file my tax return. 

I have a referral code if you did decide to use it, here you go: 

Get a 10% lifetime discount by signing up here: http://fre.ag/461ispd8

vicky2.jpg

I am the Community Manager at The Property Hub, and PA to Rob & Rob, drop me a line if you'd like to say hello. :)

On 08/03/2017 at 9:06 AM, Daryl Leeds said:

Thanks for the tip - I had a look but wouldn't pay nearly £35 per month for some online software - even after discount it's a big spend for someone in Yorkshire!

I hear ya! I actually can get for just under £15 per month through a contact of mine - just drop me a message if you want me to put you in touch. 

vicky2.jpg

I am the Community Manager at The Property Hub, and PA to Rob & Rob, drop me a line if you'd like to say hello. :)