Afternoon everyone,

So I've recently inherited a property and want to get up to date with everything quickly. In my search I've read that it's good to join associations so the question is which? Is there one which is much better than the others or are they much in the same? Thanks.

Hi Scott.

There will be some small differences, but when I considered them before selecting one I found the offer to the landlord was very similar.

I'd suggest you pick one, go with them, and get the best value you can out of them.  If they don't work for you try the other one the following year and then you'll have first-hand experience.

André

Andre-Simm.jpg

image.png

Hi Scott

I would agree with Hendrix and Andre. Very similar. Good idea to go for the one offering the best promotional annual fee at the time and give them a go for a year -and, of course, don't forget to claim it as a tax deduction!

Good luck. 

Richard

Hi Scott,

I have no idea which one is better, just to give you another perspective, I am a member of SAL (Scottish Association of Landlords) as I invest in Scotland, for a top up fee of only £10 SAL member can join their English counterpart RLA.

Tony

Tony-Ng.jpg

The Glasgow Meet up takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

On 07/02/2017 at 7:51 AM, tony ng said:

Hi Scott,

I have no idea which one is better, just to give you another perspective, I am a member of SAL (Scottish Association of Landlords) as I invest in Scotland, for a top up fee of only £10 SAL member can join their English counterpart RLA.

Tony

Hi tony,

Would you advise joining the SAL?

£100 one off fee? 

Thanks,

Howie

On 09/02/2017 at 5:14 PM, howard bray said:

Hi tony,

Would you advise joining the SAL?

£100 one off fee? 

Thanks,

Howie

Very highly recommended. I can't remember how much I paid, after the first year, I opted for the extended 3-year membership during the renewal. 

Tony-Ng.jpg

The Glasgow Meet up takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

• 1 month later...