Buying through developer - use own solicitor?

• 6 months later...

Hi jimbo17q

Did you get an answer on this? By everything I've read and heard (including the podcast) the answer is yes, get your own. I'm fine with that, but was wondering if you could negotiate a lower rate for your chosen solicitor to review the work of a developer.

I'm guessing that you didn't cover that one, but wondered if you got any feedback?

Cheers

AB

Yes, always go independent.  For the small outlay it gives you piece of mind!  Ask the builder to pay for your independent if they are happy to pay for you to use one they suggest?

Darren

www.fmp-investments.com

www.f-m-p.uk

Facebook Page - FMP Ltd

property@f-m-p.uk

I am looking for private financing

with a 10% ROI - get in touch

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 10:04 AM, jimbo17q said:

Hi AB

No answer but I probably will to be safe. Which developments are you looking at?

thanks

jim

Hi Jim.,

I'm not entirely sure on which developments to be honest - I've just gone through the decision making and team building phases, and am now moving onto the strategy and investment phase. I might engage RMP, but these are my next choices.

Hopefully, I won't run into any problems with using a broker or solicitor that isn't of my choosing.

Cheers

AB

On 10/1/2017 at 6:07 PM, darren mcneill said:

Yes, always go independent.  For the small outlay it gives you piece of mind!  Ask the builder to pay for your independent if they are happy to pay for you to use one they suggest?

Darren

www.fmp-investments.com

www.f-m-p.uk

Facebook Page - FMP Ltd

property@f-m-p.uk

I am looking for private financing

with a 10% ROI - get in touch

Thanks for your comments Darren, much appreciated.

Cheers

AB