FINANCING FOR OVERSEAS FIRST TIME BUYER WITH UK LTD COMPANY

Hi All

I have been through a number of the discussions on this forum and the information has been very helpful. However, I would still like to have some advice to my specific situation if possible.

I'm located in Hong Kong and have set up a UK limited company. My available cash pot is small at GBP30K but would like to do a first buy to start building a portfolio to enable me to approach JV investors. I am looking in the North and Midlands area and open to a bridging loan for the purchase but need to know if I would be able to get a mortgage so that the bridging can be repaid, otherwise it's not going to work.

I would love to have some feedback and advice as I am at a crossroads as to whether I should pursue this property investment scenario or just shelve it for the time being.

Thanks heaps, guys

Hello,

If your a british citizen, then you should be able to get an expat buy to let mortgage, how ever they usually require you to own a residential or buy to let.

Am currently dealing with a case for a Ltd company purchase where their are 2 partners who have shares in the Ltd company. One was a british citizen the other was a foreign national. The foreign national was not allowed to have more than 25% shares in the ltd company in order to fit the lenders criteria. They are first time buyers. Although they don't own any property they had experience as a landlord as they took over the lease for residential and commercial buildings and then sub let rooms out to tenants.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Sami

Hi Sami

Thanks for your response. Personally, I am a foreign national but have set up a limited company domiciled in UK but the information I am getting is it is still very difficult to get a mortgage, especially for a new company.

Thanks again

Phyllisli I am in the exact same situation.

I do not own a residential property in the UK (currently rent one though), and I am looking for buy to let mortgages via a limited company.  So far no one can help me - i.e. every bank has said no due to:

1. Being on a T2 Visa
  2. Not having a residential mortgage in the UK
  3. Buying via a limited company

For me it seems to be a case of "3 strikes you're out".  This is extremely frustrating because I've done all the numbers & stress tested them, and I know I can make it work - all I need is the finance.

If anyone has had any success on this please let me know!

Hi Phyllisli and Keith

There may potentially be other methods of securing finance from non-traditional banks if you're willing to research a bit more into them. 

For example, there's peer-to-peer lending which was a suggestion from another forum (Tribes) - not sure if I can post the link here but happy to message it to you if you want to investigate / enquire further. However, be aware that the rates are generally higher than the standard BTL due to the perceived higher risk.

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

• 4 weeks later...

DerekT If peer-to-peer lending can work please I'd like to know more.

I'm in the same situation. T2 general visa since Jan 1, 2014.

T2 maximum is for 5 years (with the view of applying ILR after 5 yrs) therefore my visa is until Dec 31 2018...

But lender needs my visa to be valid for more than 3 yrs.   This is impossible!

I'm looking for solutions. Has anyone encountered this before?