Jump to content

Advice on setting up a Property Management Company

Recommended Posts

I have recently become the joint freeholder of a block of 4 flats. The previous freeholder had been missing since 1989 and there was nothing in place to collect a service charge and to generally maintain the property. It has taken more than a year but we have now taken control of the freehold and now want to set up a management company to allow us to collect a service charge to pay for building insurance and to maintain the property.


Can anyone advise on the setup of a management company for freeholders? I assume we just need to set up a limited company with the two of us as directors but as it wont be a company earning any money, just collecting money to pay the bills, is there a special way of setup in terms of HMRC? Also, any special business bank account required in this respect.


Any advice welcome.





The Bristol meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

You can register a limited company at Companies House but as it has no income the company will be dormant (service charge is not classed as income). 


We are a Property Management company that could assist you with all this, as well as managing the day to day operations of the block, such as collection of service charge money, gardening, cleaning, insurances etc.

If you would like any help, please ask.


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...