MCOL Small Claims what next when "Notice of Judgement Entered"? TDS want a court order..

Hi all,

Anyone here know much about the MCOL / small claims court process? I've got as far as "Notice of Judgement Entered" but not sure what happens next..

The situation follows a deposit deductions dispute, couldn't reach agreement on deductions directly with the tenant so had to refer to TDS. However due to various things happening in my life I only managed to get round to submitting the dispute to them online on the last day - and it took WAY longer than expected spending many hours on this, I ended up finishing the process and submitting an hour after midnight.. which TDS then refused to adjudicate due to being too late! :(

So TDS say I need court order via small claims court now aka Money Claim Online for them to release the deposit. Now what needs to be done to get said court order now that I've got as far as this notice of judgement? All I've read so far is as clear as mud and TDS are about as useful as a chocolate teapot as usual..

Suggestions / links much appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

• 2 months later...

Hi Justin,

I can't see that anyone else has replied to this question, although you have probably already found the answer by now.  If not, I believe that the defendant now has 28 days to pay you for the debt before the CCJ is registered against them.  If no payment is made you have the option to enforce the judgement in a number of ways.  In the case you describe I believe you would be looking at applying for a Third Party Debt order. The court will make an order for the TDS to pay the deposit money directly to you. 

This link http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/county-court-judgement-enforcement.html helpfully explains the different enforcement options available.

Good luck,

Kate