Jump to content

Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Cardiff


Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

 

Not sure if this post is in the right place however.....

 

I am new to the forums and relatively new to the podcast also. 

 

My girlfriend and I will be attending our first Cardiff meet next week, looking forward to meeting everyone in the South Wales area! I'm sure we'll be able to get plenty of advice then but we're just trying to get a bit of a head start. 

 

A bit of history. I currently own my own apartment and to purchase this apartment I made use of the governments help to buy scheme. However, my girlfriend and I have now decided we are moving in together (into her apartment which she owns). Therefore I will potentially be holding onto an empty property. 

 

It it is my intention to now remortgage for the full amount of the property and convert over to a buy to let mortgage and therefore pay back the equity part of the loan from the government. Of course to do this I am looking for some recommendations for mortgage brokers in the Cardiff area ideally one with some experience with help to buy and the steps needed to pay back the equity loan. 

 

Any recommendations would be great!

 

Many thanks in advance!

 

Ieuan 

Link to post
16 hours ago, ieuangough said:

Hi All, 

 

Not sure if this post is in the right place however.....

 

I am new to the forums and relatively new to the podcast also. 

 

My girlfriend and I will be attending our first Cardiff meet next week, looking forward to meeting everyone in the South Wales area! I'm sure we'll be able to get plenty of advice then but we're just trying to get a bit of a head start. 

 

A bit of history. I currently own my own apartment and to purchase this apartment I made use of the governments help to buy scheme. However, my girlfriend and I have now decided we are moving in together (into her apartment which she owns). Therefore I will potentially be holding onto an empty property. 

 

It it is my intention to now remortgage for the full amount of the property and convert over to a buy to let mortgage and therefore pay back the equity part of the loan from the government. Of course to do this I am looking for some recommendations for mortgage brokers in the Cardiff area ideally one with some experience with help to buy and the steps needed to pay back the equity loan. 

 

Any recommendations would be great!

 

Many thanks in advance!

 

Ieuan 

Hi Leuan, I am tagging in @luise l who is the Meetup Leader in Cardiff. I am sure she will want to say hi. 

vicky2.jpg

 

I am the Community Manager at The Property Hub, and PA to Rob & Rob, drop me a line if you'd like to say hello. :)

 

Link to post

Hi Leuan

 

Welcome to the forum. Are you coming along to the Cardiff meetup? You'll get plenty recommendations for the meet up local members.

 

Be great to see you there. 

 

Luise :)

Luise-L.jpg

The Cardiff meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

Link to post

Im not sure if you mean remortgage the full amount as in (100% of the value or not), if you do, that is not going to be feasible. At best you might get 80% with a couple of lenders or even 85% if the rental income is enough. But the market in the main tops out at 75% LTV.

593bf45cd4cd8_MSlogo-whitebg.jpg.fc897e9d2835cdb10334f2ac387669b0.jpg

Whole of Market Mortgage Brokers

 

Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as Mortgage advice.   

Link to post
13 hours ago, luise l said:

Hi Leuan

 

Welcome to the forum. Are you coming along to the Cardiff meetup? You'll get plenty recommendations for the meet up local members.

 

Be great to see you there. 

 

Luise :)

 

Unfortunately I am unable to attend next week - I was originally going to be attending but am having to head up North Wales for work! 

 

I will definitely be attending the next one! 

 

1 minute ago, mtgsuccess said:

Im not sure if you mean remortgage the full amount as in (100% of the value or not), if you do, that is not going to be feasible. At best you might get 80% with a couple of lenders or even 85% if the rental income is enough. But the market in the main tops out at 75% LTV.

 

Sorry should have been a bit clearer - no I won't be looking to remortgage for the full amount. I have some money saved up and will probably be looking at around 70-75% LTV. Now I'll need to decide the best way to do this as an individual or as a company... I am currently very close to the higher tax band and the potential rental income will likely push me over the threshold. Lots of research to be done I think!! 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...