Renovation cost planning

Hi folks

I've been visiting the site for a number of years waiting for the right time to invest in my first property and now have an ideal opportunity to do so. The property in question initially lends itself to renovate and flip however, upon completion it may be worthwhile keeping a hold of it. The numbers look good on both fronts but my initial aim is to renovate and flip.

I am currently lining up my mortgage, lawyer etc and am working out my renovation costs. The costs all look workable and the profit looks good on my initial calculations but wondered if anyone could point me in the direction or share a robust spreadsheet/template that could help me check that my calculations stack up. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have a spreadsheet that I use which covers the refurb costs as well as the whole buying & selling costs.  You can download it directly now through my website:

https://fmp-investments.com/free-planner  

There may be a few costs that you have not thought of, so hopefully this will highlight any if you have missed them.

Darren

Darren

701670177_HighQualityPNGfileSMALLER.png.5f70ca4cb0d136ae226eb81e0e3e2155.png

BTS -- BTL -- Lettings -- Sourcing

www.fmp-investments.com

image.png.9da6b48b22099e71e6b38c5c9da690c3.png  image.png.316a3d05478f9de07be32739d4fe4c03.png  image.png.d47c317e14dca0e4c4944a92e2a8e35b.png

On 8/9/2017 at 7:33 PM, darren mcneill said:

Hi Kevin,

I have a spreadsheet that I use which covers the refurb costs as well as the whole buying & selling costs.  Feel free to email me and I will send it over to you:

property@f-m-p.uk

There may be a few costs that you have not thought of, so hopefully this will highlight any if you have missed them.

Darren

---------------------------------------

www.f-m-p.uk

property@f-m-p.uk

Hi Darren, would you mind if i contacted for this spread sheet as this info is something i really do need at the moment. Thanks

Thanks for your help Darren.

I have had my offer accepted but at this stage I think I will keep this one and not sell it on as I had originally planned. 

The template and your advice has really helped me focus on the numbers and has suggested to me that its a keeper. 

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin

On 8/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, a1terrier said:

Hi Darren, would you mind if i contacted for this spread sheet as this info is something i really do need at the moment. Thanks

Yes, feel free to get in touch, hope it can help you.

Darren

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

I am looking for private financing

with a 10% ROI - get in touch

On 8/17/2017 at 4:07 PM, Kevin Rettie said:

Thanks for your help Darren.

I have had my offer accepted but at this stage I think I will keep this one and not sell it on as I had originally planned. 

The template and your advice has really helped me focus on the numbers and has suggested to me that its a keeper. 

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin

Brilliant, really glad that it has helped you out with your numbers!

:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

On 8/18/2017 at 7:44 AM, nick smith said:

Hi Darren,

I'm just trying to up the work on our second property and this spreadsheet sounds like it would really help, would it be ok to email you about it?

Thanks

Nick

Feel free to download it here:

https://fmp-investments.com/guides

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

6 minutes ago, darren mcneill said:

Ok thanks, just emailed you.

Yes of course, no need to ask. Just pop me an email and il send it you over. Hopefully it will be able to help you.

cheers

Darren

----------------

www.f-m-p.uk

property@f-m-p.uk

On 09/08/2017 at 4:33 PM, darren mcneill said:

Hi Kevin,

I have a spreadsheet that I use which covers the refurb costs as well as the whole buying & selling costs.  Feel free to email me and I will send it over to you:

property@f-m-p.uk

Darren

www.f-m-p.uk

property@f-m-p.uk

Hi darren sorry to pester you but as you seem so knowledgable I was also wondering if it would be okay to ask you for your spreadsheet.

im doing my first flip and have got no idea in which way to stack up the costs ?  All help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

sunny 

On 8/25/2017 at 2:41 AM, ss parmar said:

Hi darren sorry to pester you but as you seem so knowledgable I was also wondering if it would be okay to ask you for your spreadsheet.

im doing my first flip and have got no idea in which way to stack up the costs ?  All help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

sunny 

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

property@f-m-p.uk

Darren

www.f-m-p.uk

property@f-m-p.uk

Hi Darren, 

I hope you don't mind if I too also email for the spreadsheet, I would really like to soundly estimate if flipping a few properties will work out in the long run. 

Emailing you now! 

Thanks in advance.

Jo

On 9/9/2017 at 7:29 PM, jadejumo87 said:

Hi Darren, 

I hope you don't mind if I too also email for the spreadsheet, I would really like to soundly estimate if flipping a few properties will work out in the long run. 

Emailing you now! 

Thanks in advance.

Jo

Hi Jo,

Of course not.  I have just emailed you the details now.

Darren

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Kevin,

property@f-m-p.uk

Darren

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

Just popped you an email too :)

• 2 months later...

I'm awful... I'm pretty sure I get the best price on my materials and labour, so I've never costed a project in my life !!

however, if you want to, you need to understand what you going to do to the house. "The house builders bible" will help, depending on what level of development your doing. 

I hate planning, so I just don't bother as I've got mates in most trades. And most stuff I can do myself.

• 1 month later...

This would help me immensely if you could drop this over please? I am looking to do my first refurb very soon so planning it out. I have a few property's I have my eye on.

msbadams@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks very much in advance.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...