New investor-need help

Hi all, not to get into too much convoluted details, but currently I have around 700k in cash ready to invest in the uk property market. However I'm finding it incredibly difficult to make any headway.

i have no assets of my own and I have no job in this country. (It's a long story). However the funds are available to be used.

my question is how best to use this amount to begin investing in property? I was thinking of buying small 1-2 beds around London for under 200k. I could probably get 3-4 if I can get the prices down and potentially get around 3-4K a month, however would it be easier just to get 1 big property for the entire 700k sum?

considering my circumstances I don't think anyone will give me a buy to let mortgage so I'd rather just use cash.

theres so many options it really makes my head hurt. Is there anyone with any good recommendations on how I should proceed as a total newbie but also looking to get the most amount of value out of the funds I have available?

thanks so much in advance

• 2 weeks later...
[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hi Leon,

Is the 700k liquid and ready to go? If it is you have so many options. And are you planning to invest it all in one year? 

In my area we have everything from a small terraced btl for a purchase price of £30k with a 12-14% simple yield in an ok area to a single investment of your full amount in a development that is built to order and pre sold to a pension fund with a guaranteed 12%pa return on your money. 

You may or may not consider the North of England, however if you need any advice, please feel free to contact me.

Steve

On 8/22/2017 at 9:35 PM, leon lee said:

Hi all, not to get into too much convoluted details, but currently I have around 700k in cash ready to invest in the uk property market. However I'm finding it incredibly difficult to make any headway.

i have no assets of my own and I have no job in this country. (It's a long story). However the funds are available to be used.

my question is how best to use this amount to begin investing in property? I was thinking of buying small 1-2 beds around London for under 200k. I could probably get 3-4 if I can get the prices down and potentially get around 3-4K a month, however would it be easier just to get 1 big property for the entire 700k sum?

considering my circumstances I don't think anyone will give me a buy to let mortgage so I'd rather just use cash.

theres so many options it really makes my head hurt. Is there anyone with any good recommendations on how I should proceed as a total newbie but also looking to get the most amount of value out of the funds I have available?

thanks so much in advance

Hi Leon,

What a great position to be in, with a great deal of choice for you.   I think it would be a little easier to help with guidance if you gave some more detail on:

*  Where you are currently living

*  If there are any particular areas that interest you

*  What your long term and short term goals are

*  What sort of passive income you are aiming for (linked with your goals).

I don't think buying one large property would be best, as you are putting your eggs all in one basket so to speak.  With multiple properties you are spreading risk, but also  more likely to gain better total capital growth over the years.

I think the best thing for you to do is to spend this weekend working through the Rob's courses, which you can find here, as this will give you a better idea of what you want to achieve, and the best way of doing it.

Let us know what you are thinking once you have completed the courses.

Darren

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

I am looking for private financing

with a 10% ROI - get in touch

With 700k to invest, you are in an extremely fortunate position to begin your property investing journey. You've pretty much got funds to create an instant stream of passive income and never work another day in your life.

As others have said, I would split your capital between several properties. How you determine the split and the types of properties you buy will be linked to your goals.

But what I would do personally, is use half of your capital for a BTL portfolio and the other half for flipping. If you buy well, 350k will provide you with enough passive income to live off while you get your flipping business underway. Once you have 1-2 years of earnings from your trading business, you'll be able to get mortgages on the properties you bought cash in your BTL portfolio, allowing you to further expand your portfolio. This play is obviously much bigger, more work and longer-term, but it will lead to a significantly bigger portfolio and greater wealth by leveraging the banks money.

No matter what you decide, you're in a great position.