Remote Property Flipping?

Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Avid listener of the podcast, LOVE property but can't seem to get past 1 rental property. I own 2 flats (I live in one and rent out the other) and run an e-commerce business. Nearly all spare cash I have is being put back into my growing online business so my property investment has faltered somewhat over the past 12-18 months. When I say faltered, I mean not gone anywhere!

Recently, I've been spending my free time investigating other options (other than buying properties myself to rent out) and stumbled upon something called remote property flipping. Has anyone else come across this and if so what are your thoughts? 

Ultimately my goal is to build up a nice portfolio of at least 5-10 properties of my own but I'm always on the look out for something that can provide cash flow. 

Hopefully someone can provide some insight or even other ideas. Really looking forward to hearing from you!

Phil :)

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] [[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
On 9/8/2017 at 1:02 AM, Phil Oakdon said:

Hi all!

Avid listener of the podcast, LOVE property but can't seem to get past 1 rental property. I own 2 flats (I live in one and rent out the other) and run an e-commerce business. Nearly all spare cash I have is being put back into my growing online business so my property investment has faltered somewhat over the past 12-18 months. When I say faltered, I mean not gone anywhere!

Recently, I've been spending my free time investigating other options (other than buying properties myself to rent out) and stumbled upon something called remote property flipping. Has anyone else come across this and if so what are your thoughts? 

Ultimately my goal is to build up a nice portfolio of at least 5-10 properties of my own but I'm always on the look out for something that can provide cash flow. 

Hopefully someone can provide some insight or even other ideas. Really looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Phil,

Rob has a podcast interview on the property geek regarding someone who completed remote flips, unfortunately I cannot remember when, but the link to his page is here.

Personally, I do not think that I am currently brave enough to do this!  I like to have control over what I am doing, and relying on trades when there is potentially large amounts of £££ involved is enough for me to stay local!  :D  Fortunately I am in an area where  properties are priced realistically, so I have no need to run around the country chasing these types of properties.

What is the market like in your home area?  I am assuming prices are high if you are considering remote flips?

Darren

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.fmp-investments.com

property@f-m-p.uk

I am looking for private financing

with a 10% ROI - get in touch

Thank you all for your responses, very helpful and much appreciated.

Richard Brown - option 2 is what I had stumbled upon recently. Due to a period of aggressive growth within my ecommerce business (that is likely to last for the next 12-18 months) I don't have the spare resources to invest in property myself. Although this is my long term aim and is something I will continue to build on when I can. This is why I was investigating other options and the scenario you laid out in option 2 does sound interesting. I found an ebook on the subject a few weeks and then watched a webinar (which was of course selling a course on the subject). I'll probably take the course to be honest when I have some more time (my son was born 2 months ago so I'm battling with sleep deprivation too!). I can't find the link but will post here when I do, would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Rob - thanks for the post, I'll check out that YouTube vid :)

Darren - I'm a bit wary too but it does sound intriguing! Worth looking into further I think. I live in London so as you can imagine it's almost impossible to make the numbers work. The flat I have which is currently renting out is in Bromley so a little more affordable. The flat I live in at the moment is in Brixton, I will be renting this out next year. However, when I am in position to buy again I'll probably go up north. And given my current lack of experience and love for outsourcing, I will almost certainly seek help to find, invest and manage these properties on my behalf.  

• 3 years later...
On 9/7/2017 at 8:02 PM, Phil Oakdon said:

Hi all!

Hello Phil,

Hope you don't mind my activating this thread, but I'm curious about what ended up happening with you? I'm in the same situation (my property investment has failed me) and now I'm looking into ecommerce fulfillment with my property - basically trying to find other options. Are you still in the game? I know it's highly dependent on the real estate bubble. Have you managed to get a bit of cash flow in property flipping? (how did you find the experience?)

Really hope I can get some answers

Thank you for your post

Jacob :)