Hi all, I'm Ady & I'm property mad ;)

Hi all,

I'm Ady, living in Essex originally from N.wales. I work all over the globe, earning to invest in my passion which is property. I have BTL investments in Essex and now looking to expand in the Uk i.e holiday lets and possibly HMO. Whenever I have a spare moment I'm either listening to The Property Podcast or reading on property related stuff and just can't get enough.

Really looking forward to settling into this hub and networking with other property nuts ;)

Thank you for setting up this property hub Rob & Rob , you guys are awesome and are a great help to us investors out there, can't thank you enough.

Ady

I second Lee. Would love to know more about people's true experiences of holiday lets.

It sounds like hard work (time-suck) and high risk, as well as tying up a lot of capital?

It sounds romantic though so I'm open to suggestion!

Nick Stott

Managing Director

Homesure Property

Tel: 07758 240 799

Email: ns@homesureproperty.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter @ncstott

www.homesureproperty.co.uk

Homesure Property on Facebook

Homesure Property on Twitter

Holiday lets is a new area for me, I'm now in the process of learning as much as I can about this type of investing. I am an avid user of these lets and always had a desire to own one, saving a few weeks of booking each year for myself. I spent last year near Anglesey around Snowdon national park looking at possible lets but nothing at the time was available that I would deem as a good all rounder i.e close to public transport, coastal, private, character, size.

With less people travelling abroad these days surely holiday lets have a bright future?

Hi Ady,

I would be interested in purchasing a holiday let if an opportunity presented itself.  I am not actively seeking one at present but it is definitely on my to do list for a later date.  I have also read somewhere that they are becoming more popular; something to do with the increase of people booking their holidays online.

Apparently the number one feature people search for is a 'Hot Tub'.

Andy

Helping you start, or improve, your property business.

www.monoperty.com

Apparently the number one feature people search for is a 'Hot Tub'.

This made me laugh until I realised that the last 2 I went to had hot tubs. Both of which were enjoyed/endured during the rain "to get my money's worth".  :ph34r:

Nick Stott

Managing Director

Homesure Property

Tel: 07758 240 799

Email: ns@homesureproperty.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter @ncstott

www.homesureproperty.co.uk

Homesure Property on Facebook

Homesure Property on Twitter

• 2 years later...

Revisiting this post!

In short- Finally purchased a property with an intention to develop it into a holiday let, currently owned as a second home which is currently eating into profits but as a repayment so not really a burden when the cash is there. I will eventually develop the property and set it up as a holiday let, this will be a slightly drawn out process but will endeavor to keep property peoples in the loop on how it progresses e.g. costs, profits.

Things to be discussed:

• Mortgages
  • Tax
  • Refurb
  • Business/Advertising
  • Costs
  • Results
  • Pros and Cons between BTL & HLs (Own research and future experience)

The purchase is a game changer from BTLs due to the tax grab changes to be implemented by GO...hopefully this will be a good pension plan and an interesting project, and a holiday property which I and others can enjoy.  

Ady