Intro - First steps on the journey beginning in Black Country, West Mids

Hi Hubbers, I'm Matt and taking first proper steps on the property 'journey'. I wanted to make a move back in 2013 but learning from the Rob's and Pete Matthew, I took a step back to build my finances and a safe base. That's now done and realigning my efforts. 

Based in Stourbridge West Midlands, I'm planning to create a BTL company, forcing appreciation through refurbs then refinancing. The goal is to create enough passive income to quit my job. Stretch target is 45, but at least by 50. I'm a professionally qualified Civil Engineer with construction, site management and design experience. I've recently joined a large private developer in the regional technical department to build my own knowledge and to transfer my existing skills into this sector. 

Looking forward to being involved. 

Morning Matt, 

Great to have you on the forum and it sounds like taking that little bit of timeout as recommended by the Rob's and Pete Matthews has given you a chance to laser focus on your property strategy. Working on forcing appreciation through refurbs as a way to progress your portfolio is a solid plan. I think your background as a civil engineer in construction will be invaluable and mean you can keep costs down when refurbing. 

Have you thought about starting a progress journal? a great way to chart your progress and get valuable insights from other hubbers as you progress and do more deals. 

https://thepropertyhub.net/forum/forum/15-progress-journals/

Looking forward to seeing your progress. 

Cheers

Phil