North properties, low price, good cash flow

Hello All,

Just a quick question, I have seen properties in the north like Blackburn and Hull starting from 40k. I would not be investing for capital gains, but rather cash flow. What are your thoughts? Is this acheivable?

Many thanks,

I invest in the northeast in properties with just a bit more than this. Great returns, and long as you find the right areas that are in demand for rentals you should be fine.

I find that if you go just slightly more than the 40k mark (say 50/60) you'll get a bit more pcm rent so it won't dent your yield too much, and there'll be fewer of these properties around so they let a bit more quickly. That's purely colloquial though - no actual stats to back it up.

6 hours ago, Scott T said:

I invest in the northeast in properties with just a bit more than this. Great returns, and long as you find the right areas that are in demand for rentals you should be fine.

I find that if you go just slightly more than the 40k mark (say 50/60) you'll get a bit more pcm rent so it won't dent your yield too much, and there'll be fewer of these properties around so they let a bit more quickly. That's purely colloquial though - no actual stats to back it up.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your response, I will look in the 50-60k range. I am looking to buy in 12 months time as long as I can secure a buy to let mortgage (I do not own my own home yet, I live in the south east so it's quite expensive). Do you mind telling me which cities or towns you generally target? Thank you!