Must I be a homeowner to get a Ltd Co BTL?

Hi all 

Apologies if this has been covered previously, I have searched for it but could find anything specific.    I have two questions, as follows: 

1)  I am resident in Guernsey - still part of the UK - does anyone know if this would be a problem for me in trying to obtain financing for a Ltd Co from a UK provider? 

2) Do I need to be a homeowner in order to obtain a BTL mortgage through a Ltd Co?

My partner and I are saving for a deposit on a BTL and would like to purchase this before we think about buying our own place (we have our reasons, many of them) but I want to know if this will prove to be an issue for lenders?  Does anyone have any experience of this type of scenario?  

Thanks in advance!   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamie,

I write for the property hub magazine and also do a few podcasts when they allow me on mortgage advice. I think they use me is I am bit of a weirdo and enjoy not of the shelf mortgages. I think we maybe able to provide some guidance. PM me your number and email and I will see if we can help.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Dave, 

Apologies, I was dipping my toe in the water by engaging with this post. 

I have over the last 12 months landed a Full Time job and have managed to save up money to hopefully start out. 

Yes I do live in the UK, West Midlands. 

I am not a property owner. 

Regards,

Adam 

Edited by adam ellgood
Spelling error
  • 1 month later...

Hi mallbn09 

I did have quite a struggle but eventually found a company to help, Liquid Expat.  

My situation was a little different in that I live in Guernsey and so I'm considered an 'expat', but I now have a mortgage offer via my UK based Ltd Company, as a first time buyer and a first time landlord!   Never thought it would happen. 

If you're stuck, I would suggest giving them a call, they do work with UK residents too.  I have been very happy with their service especially considering my fairly unique situation.  Hoping that going forward, being a property owner now, things should be a little easier. 

Feel free to DM me with an questions you have. 

Cheers 
Jamie