The Property Hub

Episode 77: Our favourite property websites

This week we wanted, on the basis of a listener request, to share our favourite property websites. Covering news, research and general entertainment, these are the sites that appear in our browser history more than any others.

Those sites are…

To find out exactly what it is about these sites that keeps us coming back, you’ll just have to listen to the episode!

Listen to the episode now! http://thepropertyhub.net/bestblogs

Any websites that you’d like to add to our list?

If so, join the discussion below!

What a fabulous episode and of course getting a mention for my own property blog has made that extra special for me :)

Some great pointers in there for people to go and check out (beyond my own of course!) and I can certainly vouch for Kylie's blog as well - her 'reality' approach, that is also shared by one or two others, like The Property Investment Project and Sam Collett on her blog: http://www.whatsamsawtoday.com/ to name but two have given me some inspiration of how to develop my own forthcoming website...more real life case studies from everyday investors...a bit like the Property Plus Progress Journals I guess.

Just one small correction - my Twitter account link has changed and so if you are wondering why a guy with flowers for shoulder pads and only 2 tweets gets a plug from the 2 Robs it is because I fooled them by re-branding my property Twitter feed since they recorded the episode...sorry guys! The correct one should be in my signature below ;)

I would be fascinated to hear of other blogs and property content out there, if only to selfishly build up my own newsfeed even further.

Nice one guys!

Thanks guys, such kind words.

I have to give full credit to my fellow plus-ers and the progress journals ... it was reading/watching/talking with others that convinced me that blogging about my journey would be worthwhile.

I often sit writing wondering if anyone actually reads what I write ... I guess now I need to keep the good content coming out  :)

Thanks for pointing out the Property Investment Project ... I'm addicted already!!  Already a massive fan of Sam's ... in a similar vein to being in love with Sarah Beeney  :wub:

I also agree whole heartedly with Rob D on home.co.uk.  It's a site that I use a lot to look for trends in house prices, time to sell etc

I agree with the Robs about Property Investment Project - a unique website, humorous & generally a good read. There are many websites out there - you could spend your day (and night) just reading up on the content that gets put out and best of all, like at The Hub, its all free education!

A great find I think is www.mouseprice.com which is a good website but they have a "Most Reduced" search criteria which allows you to see the most discounted asking prices in a particular area - a very good starting place for the budding savy investor although you have to ask sometimes why properties are left on the shelf for a long time!

Although its really very dry, the Office of National Stats has a good website to see what an area is like; http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk

Me again :)

Just thought I would let you know that the new website and blog format of my own site, so kindly mentioned by the illustrious Rob & Rob has now launched (it was not when the podcast was broadcast)! The address again is www.thepropertyvoice.net ...it would be great to have your feedback...maybe not here though, as I don't want to get on the wrong side of R&R ;)

As an added bonus for tolerating my interjection, there is a new property Q&A site akin to Quora available - it is called www.HomeQ.co.uk - great for all those niggly little property questions we all have.