Best buy to let area in Nottingham

greg1983

• 2 months later...

Greg Nottingham is a great place to live, I did a few years up there and now have 2 properties left there which have not struggled to let out.

The good thing about Notts is the City isnt that big and its very easy to get in and out on the tram. I really like NG7 and there is alot of flats around the forest tram stop which feed nicely into the city. What I noticed is its big on students around the Arboretum, Lenton, Forest recreation area and alot of students stay after Uni and make a life in Notts.

Why have you chose Nottingham? The council are enforcing the landlord licence which applies to nearly everywhere, BUT I got away with it in an ex-council house in Aspley for some reason. It will cost you in the region of £700 per property.

Mate im not looking into Notts anymore because ive moved away but when I was a deal would have to be around the £80,000 purchase price and let for £500 pcm. I would use the tram line as the main corridor for your search and avoid Bulwell. In Hucknall the properties are noticeably cheaper and for the same price people can commute into town via the tram.

Let me know what your thoughts are, and please bounce some ideas off me, I think ill be back there next year so keen to know whats going on.

Jay

There are lots of choices in Nottingham and I would encourage anyone who is interested to make the effort and come and walk the areas with me to really get a feel for the vibe and the opportunity. Come and see for yourself since there have been lots of positive changes in the last year or so let alone in the last 5 years.

Next meetup is Thursday 6 Dec so look forward to welcoming you there!

Jonathan-Challis.jpg

The Nottingham Meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

• 1 month later...

Hi Greg,

Great to hear that you’re looking for your first BTL!

Why are you looking at Nottingham, is it local to yourself?

Generally, as Jay said Nottingham is a great place to live and invest in. You will definitely be able to find some great investments for up to 100k. Both the city itself and the outskirts are all ideal places. Think of where is best for you to invest.

I hope this is helpful for you.