Jump to content

How to change building insurance covered under factors


Recommended Posts



I have two questions regarding buildings insurance that i would be grateful if you could answer. 


I am currently renting out my flat (unfurnished), I contacted the factors regarding this and they told me that i do not need to notify the building insurance provider regarding this and stated that I should take out additional landlord insurance. I was under the impression that both buildings and landlord insurance were both very similar and you only need one, is this correct? I am not worried about contents insurance. 


I also asked the factors, if i could change insurance provider. I am currently paying £300 per year building insurance and believe I could get a better deal elsewhere, they stated that i would need to get everyone else in the block of flats to agree to change the building insurance provider before i could change this. Does this normally happen / does this sound correct?


Appreciate your help

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...