Looking for your opinion!

Hi all, 

I'am Ben 28 year old builder from Leeds. I've been in to property as long as I can remember And always wanted to develop property and rent them must have been all the grand designs and homes under the hammer I watched as a kid!! 

I'm looking for some opinions on what my next move should be as the time has come we need to move house to something bigger for are growing family. 

I bought my first 2 bed house that I payed 75,000 for and renovated for 25,000. I've just had it revalued at 140,000. 

So this Is my dilemma rent for the passive income as I could get 600 pm, plus the Morgage is payed off in 8 years.

Down side will have to put off moveing for another 6 months to save more deposit. 

Or 

sell the the property to free up funds for the move plus invest in other propertys and a possible opportunity to buy some land to develop. 

Meny thanks in advance to every one at property hub for all the amazing podcasts and advice.

thanks 

Ben 

Hi Ben,

Interesting post.. some thoughts for you to consider.

1. keep the property, re-mortgage to BTL type, or with integral "consent to let", max out the equity release,

2. rent out current property to achieve regular income,

3. use the combined (saving & equity release) funds to secure & refurb (R2R or LPOA) a 6 or more bedroom mansion,

4. divide off 3-bed living accommodation for yourselves, rent out other bedrooms,

5. rebuild your fluid cash/capital,

6. rinse and repeat step 3.

7. build portfolio and capital in parallel.

8. have a fantastic holiday you would never have afforded by clinging to the rat race...

..just a thought !?

Carl-Matthews.jpg

The Cardiff meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...