High Net Worth
To meet the definition of a High Net Worth investor, you must declare that:
- During the previous financial year you had an annual income of greater than or equal to £100,000, and/or
- Throughout the previous financial year you held net assets equal to or greater than £250,000 but excluding:
- Primary residence or a loan secured on that residence
- Any rights under a qualifying contract of insurance, and
- Any pension or other benefits payable on termination of service, death or retirement to you or your dependants.
To meet this definition, you must declare that:
- You work, or have worked in the two years preceding investment in the Company, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- You are a member of a of a network or syndicate of business angels, and have been so for at least the last six months preceding investment in the Company;
- You have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years preceding investment in the Company, or
- Are currently, or have been in the two years preceding investment in the Company, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1,000,000.
To meet this definition, you must declare that you are a person who would satisfy the definition of a professional client under the FCA’s Handbook of Rules and Guidance.