shen shen

Electrical rewire NICEIC v.s STROMA

Hi, I hope that someone can give me some advise regarding electrical rewire.

I have read this article as part of my research:

http://www.judgeelectrical.co.uk/domestic-electrical/rewire/house-electrical-rewire.html

It is logical that I find someone from NICEIC to rewire. However, the electrician a colleague recommended me isn't NICEIC registered but he is STROMA registered. He told me that these certifications are equivalent but I'm not sure. Does anybody know? In addition, what sort of test and installation report I shall require for future sale?

Thanks for the advices.

Shen Shen

On 1/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, shen shen said:

Hi, I hope that someone can give me some advise regarding electrical rewire.

I have read this article as part of my research:

http://www.judgeelectrical.co.uk/domestic-electrical/rewire/house-electrical-rewire.html

It is logical that I find someone from NICEIC to rewire. However, the electrician a colleague recommended me isn't NICEIC registered but he is STROMA registered. He told me that these certifications are equivalent but I'm not sure. Does anybody know? In addition, what sort of test and installation report I shall require for future sale?

Thanks for the advices.

Shen Shen

Hi Shen, 

I’m a qualified electrician and I’m a member of Stroma. All the accreditation company’s do exactly the same thing, if you think of these as Nike/Addias ETC. NICEIC is the most recognised because they have the biggest marketing budget. Many electricians are now moving over to Stroma as the annual membership is half the price of NICEIC and they have great customer support! 

As for certification, if you are having a full rewire you will require a Electrical Installtion Certificate EIC on completion of works. 

Hope this helps 

Dan 

If you think that you need an NICEIC approved spark as opposed to any other accreditation scheme all thats happened is you have been duped by the marketing of the NICEIC !!

NICEIC, STROMA, NAPIT, ELECSA it makes NO DIFFERENCE !!