Hi all – first post in and hoping I can use this platform to tap into some great minds.

I have been listening to Rob(s) podcast for a while now and have been doing a lot to try and educate myself on the ins and outs of property investing for beginners. I feel like I have a learnt so much over the past year, but I have the biggest frustration of not being in a financial position ready to start my venture.

I have recently purchased a house (joint mortgage with my partner) so have limited equity available to release from that. I earn a decent enough salary that I am able to put away around £8-£10k / year. That does however still leave me a few (3 minimum I would have thought) years away from having enough capital to get started.

I live in West Yorkshire so I know the Leeds market inside out, I am looking to get a foothold in this rising market – most likely a renovation that I would then look to create a positive cash flow through renting out.

In order to get me there quicker, I would be interested in gathering peoples thoughts on this approach? Is there something else I may be better looking at, perhaps that would require a lower amount of capital to get started with? Or looking at the problem from the other direction, a lender that is prepared to lend above the usual 75%?

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew.