karen hall

Looking to add 2 HMOs to BTL portfolio – Where to find them?

Hi all, I’m looking to add to my small single BTL portfolio by adding 1 or 2 HMOs.

I’m based in the Essex but really open to location as I would use a managing agent anyway. 
Ideally I would like to buy established HMOs from landlords who are looking to cash in and get out of the ever-evolving BTL market, however, would happily work with an experienced sourcer to purchase a property that needs converting too.

In terms of purchase price, the cash I have available is approx. £200k so of course it will depend on whether it’s an existing HMO with little/no work needed V a property for converting. I estimate an existing HMO up to £250-275k and a conversion around £200k. Please feel free to correct me if you think my figures are off!

Does anyone know a way to find landlords who are looking to sell their portfolios? Or if anyone can point me in the direction of a good sourcing agent that would be great.

Any advice or suggestions of any kind are gratefully received, thank you in advance.

Morning Karen,

Hope this finds you well!

We source off-market property - including HMO's - for our clients in Liverpool and the North West. Here's a 6-bed HMO we sourced for a client recently, for £179,950: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88fbr656xtitxfv/AAA2dIa0Nce7zaSBRwOuB_nta?dl=0.

Each room will rent for £85-£95pppw or £26,520 - £29,640 per annum, so very nice returns indeed.

We have more off-market options on our books now/being worked on in the background - happy to talk more with you if you're interested?

Best,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for your message.

I'm definitely interested to know more about what you do and what you may be able to help me with.

I've had a look at your website but would like to hear more detail. Would a telephone conversation be best or do you want to send me more info on email to start with?

Kind regards

Karen

Hi Karen,

Brilliant, sounds great.

Absolutely, we always like to jump on a call so we can get to know each other and make sure we can be of help. If you head over to this link and click top option, we've connected our calendar to our site, so that way you can choose a time for a call that fits your schedule: www.waltonmaslow.com/letstalk.

If that doesn't work for you, feel free to drop me a line directly: je@waltonmaslow.com, and we can do it that way.

Looking forward to talking soon!

Best,

Jonathan