So i have a property that ive just spent a lot of money refurbishing ready to let.

Middle of December, the agent told me they had found a tenant who was going to move in, but not until the end of Jan, anyway i chased them Friday and the tenant is no longer taking the property.

The agent had taken a holding deposit, which apparently the tenant loses, surely this should be passed to me as, we stopped marketing the property, what are others experience.

BTW, the agent said i dont get it.

Nick.

That is something you should have discussed with the agent, when they proposed the tenant to you and took the holding deposit.

In my opinion you are right it "should" be paid to you, as you are out of pocket. As the agent did not perform there duties in providing you with a tenant, the agent is not out of pocket? Though who does get the money depends on the contract with the agent.

What many landlords forget is that you are in charge. If you do not like the performance of an agent, you should not engage them. If you do not like the contract with the agent, you do not engage them. There are many letting agents arround and should choose one that works for you, takes your instructions.

:wub: Get Mortgage Advice from my Team at Bespoke Finance on 08009202001 or email hello@bespokefinance.info 
:ph34r: 
Please don't take my messages on Property Hub as Personal Financial Advice, just a rambling guy passing time on a Coffee Break.