Jump to content

First BTL - need insurance

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

My brother and I have completed on our first BTL today! We've set up a Ltd company and I'm finding it tricky to get buildings or landlord insurance. The issue seems to be that the property isnt tenanted and will need a refurb. Nothing major, just a new kitchen and decoration but have tried a couple of the regular brokers and their insurance panels aren't keen.

Does anyone have a good broker or could recommend a company? Thanks in advance!


Link to post

Hi Gareth

Congrats on the completion! 

Most standard landlord BTL insurance policies have a 30, 60 or 90 day unoccupied limit, so usually aren't suitable for properties that require refurbs (unless it's a quick turnaround). There's specific home renovation/refurb insurance - covers the property while unoccupied, protects any tools left on site etc. You can try giving Alan Boswell a call to see if they offer such a product? I use them for regular BTL policies and they've been helpful.  Other brokers are available, and perhaps there might be one on the forum that can help?  

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...