martindoc

Questions on setting up a LTD Co

Hi All,

I have just engaged with an accountant to start the process of creating an LTD with myself and my wife as directors.

We are investing from abroad and looking at Single Buy to lets and a possible HMO to balance cash flow.

In my research I have read the following;

"Following the introduction of the Companies Act 2006 it is now also a legal requirement to display your company’s registered office address on any electronic communications and on your company websites

The new laws also require that your registered office address and company details are recorded on your email correspondence.

The latest legislation requires that the following information is shown-

The company’s place of registration and the number with which it is registered,

The address of its registered office,

In the case of an investment company, the fact that it is such a company, and

In the case of a limited company exempt from the obligation to use the word "limited" as part of its name, the fact that it is a limited company should be clearly stated."

My questions are as following.

Do you all have an email address specifically for your company? Did you just create a Gmail / Outlook account or purchase domain + email through a provider?

And does your email have end to end encryption?

In addition to the above, what have you done around GDPR.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to setup properly from the get go to avoid later consequences.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

18 hours ago, martindoc said:

Hi All,

I have just engaged with an accountant to start the process of creating an LTD with myself and my wife as directors.

We are investing from abroad and looking at Single Buy to lets and a possible HMO to balance cash flow.

In my research I have read the following;

"Following the introduction of the Companies Act 2006 it is now also a legal requirement to display your company’s registered office address on any electronic communications and on your company websites

The new laws also require that your registered office address and company details are recorded on your email correspondence.

The latest legislation requires that the following information is shown-

The company’s place of registration and the number with which it is registered,

The address of its registered office,

In the case of an investment company, the fact that it is such a company, and

In the case of a limited company exempt from the obligation to use the word "limited" as part of its name, the fact that it is a limited company should be clearly stated."

My questions are as following.

Do you all have an email address specifically for your company? Did you just create a Gmail / Outlook account or purchase domain + email through a provider?

And does your email have end to end encryption?

In addition to the above, what have you done around GDPR.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to setup properly from the get go to avoid later consequences.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

No different to what you do with letter headed paper.

Best include all in signature.

I recently setup one myself and use gmail. 

Not thought much on GDPR beyond the basics....

Thanks DO for your response on this. Yes that was my plan, then I came across this and started to over think the whole thing.

So I will revert to what I had planned from the beginning and keep it simple.

Thanks again !!