How To Find A Trustworthy Sourcing Partner

sven

Hi all,

I'm an investor from the Netherlands and would like to invest hands-off in the UK. I've been doing a lot of research lately and think it's finally time to make my first move, and arguably the most important one: finding a sourcing partner that I trust. Now I've a network in my own country that leaves lots of positive reviews on a sourcing partner in Wales, however, I'd like to see what others have to offer and be active in other parts of the UK as well.

Are there a few critical questions I could ask to the sourcing partners I'm gonna call or is there another method to know if they're trustworthy?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kind Regards,

Sven

Hi Sven. I have never worked with a property sourcing company before however I know that there are compliance requirements they must meet to be able to operate. They should meet the following requirements to be compliant:

• Registered for Anti Money Laundering regulations. 
  • Registered with one of the three property ombudsman schemes: Ombudsman Services, The Property Ombudsman (TPO) and the Property Redress Scheme (PRS). 
  • Registered with the Information Commissioners office for purposes of data protection.
  • Have insurance.

Worth checking these are all covered when you find someone to work with.

David M Slater ACMA 

Accufy Accounting  - Proactive accounting for property investors 

0208 242 4926    info@accufy.uk