Books on stock market trading

j0e

Hello all, 

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as regards the basics of stock market trading? Preferred if it was UK biased however that’s not essential as I’m sure the principle remains. 

Im considering either:

Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham

The Naked Trader by Robbie Burns

I was wondering  if anytime had read one of the following books or open to alternative suggestions  

Thank you in advance  

3 hours ago, afcbbroker said:

If you're a complete newbie to the stock market then give The Naked Trader books a go, i think its called 'how anyone can make money in the stock market', it's a great starting point.. easy to digest. There's also a podcast called 'Naked Money' and AJ Bell have one called 'Money & Markets', give them both a listen

Thanks mate. Yeah I’ve had a listen to the podcast “Naked money” i thought it was pretty good and that’s what actually made me find his book!  Have you read the naked trader book?

I’ll give the other podcast a listen too, thanks for the recommendation! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, dino v said:

Both American, but read JL Collins Simple Path to Wealth and then a more recent one, Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel. 

Not strictly trading, but excellent on stock market investments

I've just started listening to Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel on audible and so far really good! 

Thank you for the suggestions! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I read and enjoyed the Naked Trader. For a different perspective on the stock market and an equally good read, I recommend these two:

Millionaire Teacher - Andrew Hallam

Smarter Investing - Tim Hale

Enjoy your reading.

• 2 weeks later...