Very short survey - can you please help?

Dear friends,

I am carrying out an academic survey as part of a wider study to gain a better understanding of the drivers that influence housing prices.

The survey takes less than 3 minutes to complete and the data collected is anonymous.

Survey

I need to get 30 responses to this survey and I would be extremely grateful if you can help. The results of this will help me to form a hypothesis that I will go on to study in more depth.

If you are interested to receive the findings from the research study, I will be happy to share them with you when the study is complete, please email me p.silvanus@gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

Paul

Mate, I took the survey, but I'm unclear how your questions provide much insight around the factors that influence house prices. Ofsted rating of schools for example will influence current prices, not neccessarily the future trajectory of prices - unless of course the rating of the school changes which creates additional demand in the area. 

The BOE study linked below demonstrates that the majority of the price increase in housing over the past few decades (nationally) has been due to the decline in real interest rates over this period. You should find their house price model quite informative hopefully. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/working-paper/2019/uk-house-prices-and-three-decades-of-decline-in-the-risk-free-real-interest-rate.pdf?la=en&hash=7C12A901353CB615C3FC1A58557918D50775E470

On 3/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, sam_f3 said:

Mate, I took the survey, but I'm unclear how your questions provide much insight around the factors that influence house prices. Ofsted rating of schools for example will influence current prices, not neccessarily the future trajectory of prices - unless of course the rating of the school changes which creates additional demand in the area. 

The BOE study linked below demonstrates that the majority of the price increase in housing over the past few decades (nationally) has been due to the decline in real interest rates over this period. You should find their house price model quite informative hopefully. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/working-paper/2019/uk-house-prices-and-three-decades-of-decline-in-the-risk-free-real-interest-rate.pdf?la=en&hash=7C12A901353CB615C3FC1A58557918D50775E470

Hi Sam_f3,

Thank you very much for completing the survey and for sharing your thoughts.

The research is a 3 stage process and initially is to demonstrate differences in sentiment and attitudes to the importance of school from the different demographics of people that purchase property. For example, in the case of landlords, out of 30 respondents that have families as tenants, only two checked the OFSTED grades of the local secondary schools at the time they considered making the purchase. Whereas for owner occupiers and tenants, this is unsuprprisingly entirely different. Fundamentally the research project aims to understand firstly that there is a correlation and then extent to which house price growth and quality of schools are linked by comparing catchments where the schools are getting worse, maintaining a level and improving. It is understood that many other factors also influence house prices in general and on in localised levels.

When the final report is finished, I will be very happy to share it with you. Thank you for sharing the BOE study and thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Paul