Jump to content

SPV and letting legislation

Recommended Posts

just a quick question, if i run a SPV for renting purposes, and then pay a lettings management firm to maintain the tenants and financials, other than an accountant, do i need to be a member of anything else, or have anything else i need to consider, as im guessing that by setting up in this fashion that yes i earn less personally, however the legislation is taken care of by the letting agent and the business coverers its self via the accountant, so other than making director decisions and plumbing initial funds into the business i need to do little else..

Link to post

Hi Colenago

As long as the lettings agent is legit and decent, then you should be covered. However, the onus still falls back on the landlord in the event anything happens - e.g. the agent doesn't protect the tenant deposit, the liability is still on the landlord.

But no, there's no official scheme you need to be a member of as a hands-off landlord. 

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...