Advice on first time buyers looking to invest

Hi everyone

I'm just looking for some advice on mortgages and how hard it will be for me in my situation to obtain one.

I am currently studying business admin in Sydney Australia and am looking to make my first investment when I head back home early next year. I am currently doing lots of research and plan to carry on until I invest. I have a job lined up for when I get back to England, but I'm guessing I will have to work for 12 months or more until I can apply for a mortgage?

So basically the plan is to start off with a buy to sell which I will joint venture with my dad, after this depending on how successful the project is I then plan on obtaining a buy to let property, recycling my deposit then buying another buy to let, and so on....

This is the plan and I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but property is my passion and I can't wait to get started after my study's! The only thing that is making me doubt wether or not I can achieve this is how hard it will be for a first time buyer to obtain bridging finance for the buy to sell property, and if it's possible at the moment to get a buy to let mortgage for somebody with no landlord experience.

Obviously the best thing to do would be to contact a mortgage broker but I'm just after a bit of advice off you guys at the moment!

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks