Vicky Nunes

Zoopla Invest - what do you think?

The new channel on the Zoopla website (http://www.zoopla.co.uk/invest/) includes a peer-to-peer lending solution, in partnership with Landbay, where anyone can invest from as little as £100 into buy-to-let mortgages, statistically the lowest risk form of peer-to-peer lending. In addition, the channel also includes a tax-efficient first online property ISA, in partnership with Bricklane, allowing savers to invest from £100 to own a stake in a UK property.

Alex Chesterman, Founder & CEO of Zoopla said, “We are delighted to be launching this great opportunity for anyone to invest in the UK property market from as little as £100. Property investment has never been available to the masses before in this way and for those looking to get onto the property ladder or saving towards a property purchase, the ability to ensure that their investments keep pace with the property market is essential.

What do you think to this one, Hubbers?

vicky2.jpg

I am the Community Manager at The Property Hub, and PA to Rob & Rob, drop me a line if you'd like to say hello. :)

Just looked at the peer to peer lending solution. According to the web site since 2014, they have zero arrears (over 45 days), which is reassuring.

Investing small amounts with an average 3.9% return looks to be relatively safe, but an index tracker funds with regular small amounts invested is likely to result in better returns. It's still better than any UK bank at present though!

The loan books makes interesting reading for would-be property investors on its own, since it provides details of the loans, including geographical areas, number of bedrooms, gross loan amount, LTV, rental rate, loan terms, etc., which gives you something to check your own investment returns with :)

10 hours ago, ash davidson said:

I am looking to try this out. Little bit of risk but potential higher interest rates than the high street banks. 

Let us know how it goes, Ash! 

vicky2.jpg

I am the Community Manager at The Property Hub, and PA to Rob & Rob, drop me a line if you'd like to say hello. :)

I am "dabbling" with Property Moose at the moment. I'm only a couple of months in and have just started receiving rental payments-but it has been good fun so far and a great way for me to diversify into the English property market without having to touch the (imo) more complicated legals!

I am not sure about that. 3.75% p.a. for a peer-to-peer loan? Other peer-to-peer networks (albeit not property) offer around 7%-8%.

If i think, a usual BTL can get you as much as 9%-10%, so if they are offering 3.75% it means most of your money is actually going towards paying the different admin fees, management fees, etc. 

Like with any investment, high management fees are the death of your portfolio. As Warren Buffett says, if you want a no-fuss investment, put your money in a low-cost index fund and let it compound over time.