Jump to content

How to buy USA property and raise finance?

Recommended Posts

I am considering buying property in the USA as I see it as a better investment than UK at the moment. Can anyone break down for me how taxes are paid as I am based in U.K. and also how is it best to raise finance as it seems difficult to raise in US without social security number.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Russell,


I have been property investing in the US (midwest Michigan and Ohio ) for a number of years. Cash flow in the mid west can be high. Re taxes - Property investors pay property taxes on each property ( usually twice a year ). You also pay Tax on your profits at the end of the year. I initially invested in my own name but have since setup LLC corporations in Both Ohio and Michigan and have a US accountant (CPA who does my accounts ). The initial thing is to get a US bank account setup and obtain a tax identification no (TIN). Setting up a US bank account can be challenging if you cannot go out to the US due to the patriot act, but I believe it is possible using a power of attorney. I wrote this blog for the property voice which may be of interest



 ps getting finance on property purchases under $100k is very difficult - especially for foreign investors.


The Manchester Meetup takes place on the first Thursday of every month, find out more here

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...