New Student Landlord - Looking towards the North

Hello 

I have decided to start a new chapter in my life and leave the day job behind by focusing on BTL investments in the North servicing the student market. I am looking for 10% gross return and ideally 20% on capital. I have spent the past month researching and have just started looking at target properties in the past week and have put my first two offer in.

I am aiming to buy 6 properties in the next 18 months and I am looking to connect with fellow investors to share experience good and bad as I develop my portfolio. I will eventually set up a company but right now I am taking advantage of the flexibility that buying individually with my wife will give me. 

Having spent some time travelling around  student cities in the North of England …..I may even be tempted myself to move out of the big smoke here in London and enjoy the space and friendliness I have experienced  so far during my field trips 

Look forward to sharing more soon

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, job muscroft said:
Hello 

I have decided to start a new chapter in my life and leave the day job behind by focusing on BTL investments in the North servicing the student market. I am looking for 10% gross return and ideally 20% on capital. I have spent the past month researching and have just started looking at target properties in the past week and have put my first two offer in.

I am aiming to buy 6 properties in the next 18 months and I am looking to connect with fellow investors to share experience good and bad as I develop my portfolio. I will eventually set up a company but right now I am taking advantage of the flexibility that buying individually with my wife will give me. 

Having spent some time travelling around  student cities in the North of England …..I may even be tempted myself to move out of the big smoke here in London and enjoy the space and friendliness I have experienced  so far during my field trips 

Look forward to sharing more soon

Hi good luck with your journey.

I'm in a similar position - looking to move investments away from London and looking to the North West where prices are not so high but returns are attractive. I don't really have any connections yet but will be happy to keep in contact and exchange any information - leads.

Best

S

• 1 month later...

QUICK PROGRESS UPDATE 

After seeing probably 70 properties I have managed to secure my first 3 deals .... 2 projects will be refurb jobs and one is a plug and play. Hopefully will have all 3 deals completed by mid April and then the fun starts. 

Will update more after completion.

Cheers

Job

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE 

So I now have the keys to my first property :) . Next week we are starting to refurbish the property in time for the next academic year... adding another bathroom and make good some exterior issues. 3 other deals still to complete in the next few weeks so hopefully should have 14 rooms to rent from August onwards. Will keep updating when deals are closed........well on track to hit my first miles of 6 properties by the end of 2019.