Hi,

My name is Steve and I've been an active subscriber of all things property hub for the past few years. I have always been interested in property and earlier this year decided to take the plunge full time to focus on my passion - leaving behind a decent career in construction.

I live in Leeds but my focus and business activities are in Hull, East Yorkshire and I'm interested in discussing the market with anyone with an interest in the area.

I'd love to speak to new investors who are interested in making the jump themselves, experienced investors with interesting challenges as well as anyone in between who just shares a passion for all things property.

I am currently in the process of building my business so always happy to share my experiences and learn from others!

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who wants to chat about Yorks, the Humber, and Hull.

Speak soon

Steve

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting in touch! As you say, always good to chat - I've found some of the most useful conversations and learning I've experienced has been from chance conversations!

So are you looking to make your step into investment? 

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Just for fun....I've dropped the 18 Year property Cycle (specifcally for Yorkshire & The Humber)  on to a graph.

Message me if you want the raw spreadsheet

It has the peak of the next boom coming out at Quater 3 - 2025

Capture.JPG

Hi Steve. 

Hope I am not jumpig onto this too late. Hull is an area I am considering investing in in the future. Would be great to have a chat. My email address is najmulhoque0591@gmail.com.

Hope to speak soon.

Naj

Hi Steve,

I'm based in York looking to develop opportunities in North, East and West Yorkshire.

Often come across opportunities that may be more up your street.

Happy to have a chat and see if we can help each other out.

Feel free to drop me a line at jbr81@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

slightly late to reply ply to this but I’d be keen to have a chat about the all things Yorkshire. I’m at the start of my property journey (remortgaged my home to finance my first investment).

im based down in Devon and the opportunities are a little harder to come by down here.

if you want to get in touch then my email is Chris_streeter@hotmail.co.uk.

also as a spreadsheet man, I’d love a copy of the workbook you out together! 

Hope to speak soon, 

chris

Hi Barry / Chris,

Thank you for your messages - really keen to follow up and I have dropped you both an email.

With regards the spreadsheet, I've attached a copy of the sheet for your info.

It's really a culmination of various sources of data sheets but it works for me. Only edit the blue cells but leave the yellow (these are your outurn costs). I've left some example properties in there but you can write over them and add your own examples. Basically, you should be able to plug any property and it will spit out deposit requirement, insurance, yields etc! Just be careful you don't overwrite formulas. I've used this to assess lot's of properties and I keep all of them on one sheet so I can compare etc - really useful to build your own database so edit it how you see fit. 

Property Data Assessment.xlsx

I've populated mine now with over 600 properties and the benefit is that I can compare them all side by side and filter them to returns that I'm happy with. Took a bit of time but worth it in the long term!

As I say it's a stitch together of various other sources, including some of the Property Hub stuff too but perhaps a bit more detailed so use it at your discretion : ) 

All the best
Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out Hope I'm not too late to the game.

I'm very much at the beginning of my property investing journey and am seriously looking into investing in Hull. I'm from Hull originally (live in London now) and can see it's clearly on the up.

It would be great to chat to you about your experiences so far. My email address is arran_russell@hotmail.com. 

Thanks for the spreadsheet!

Best,

Arran

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve,

I’m Leeds based too and have been in investing in BTL’s over the last two years. Currently in the process of completing our first flip as a way of continuing to grow the capital needed to continue investing in BTL’s.  Always interested in talking to people in West Yorks to share experiences and thoughts on property investment in the region so happy for anyone to drop me a line.

Cheers

Nick

11 hours ago, nick smith said:

Hi Steve,

I’m Leeds based too and have been in investing in BTL’s over the last two years. Currently in the process of completing our first flip as a way of continuing to grow the capital needed to continue investing in BTL’s.  Always interested in talking to people in West Yorks to share experiences and thoughts on property investment in the region so happy for anyone to drop me a line.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your message - would be great to share experiences. Where abouts are you based in Leeds?

Steve 

On 9/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, mason preedy said:

Hi Steve 

I am also a first time investor like many others on here. I live in London and will be visiting Hull in a couple of weeks time.

Would be great to find out about your experiences and any knowledge about the area. 

Cheers

Mason 

Mspreedy@gmail.com 

Hi Mason,

Thank you for your message - I've mailed you directly : ) 

Steve