Looking to connect with other investors/landlords in Coventry

Hi everyone (and hi Rob & Rob if you’re reading),

Feel like I’ve been on the fringes of the community for a while as I’ve been to a couple of meetups, been listening to podcasts and checked out the forum a few times but this is actually my first post.

I’m from St Albans but I’m looking at building a portfolio of BTLs and multi-lets in Coventry and I’m interested in networking with other investors and landlords in the area, sharing knowledge, contacts etc. Doesn’t matter if you’ve got 100 properties or just one (or none yet), we all need support of like minded people if we’re going to build our wealth and I’m happy to share what little knowledge and experience I have too.

If you’re investing in the area please give me a shout, it would be great to hear from you.

Would also like to hear where property investors from Coventry are going for their meetups? As there’s not one in Coventry right now maybe if there’s enough of us we could even get one going in the future.

Look forward to connecting with you all. 

Pete

Good morning Pete, 

Great to have you on the forum and well done for coming in form the fringes.

St Albans is a great place to live, I know it far too well as I grew up there. (went to Verulam school) But can see why investing there may not be ideal... it's not the cheapest of places.

It's great to see you're looking to connect and network with investors old and new. Speaking to people who are already doing what you are wanting to and getting their advice is crucial and will avoid any pitfalls. 

A meetup is a great idea as well!

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter. I'm from near Watford and have also investigated investing in Coventry. I've viewed quite a few properties there already but always fall short in terms of raising sufficient finance.

A few weeks ago I viewed a 4-bed HMO student property near Warwick University which, if I'd been able to find a sympathetic lender, would have netted me a bare minimum of £500 pcm and probably a lot more.

That seems to be a favourable area because the university has a good reputation and the estate agent who showed me around - a former student there herself - claimed that it was increasing its student numbers by several thousand. As we all know, estate agents never embellish or bend the facts ;). Apparently that particular property had attracted multiple offers above the asking price.

I've looked at student HMOs in the Stoke area near Coventry University, but they're mostly high maintenance Victorian terraced properties. Still, if they turn a profit I wouldn't turn my nose up.

I've also viewed a few centrally located flats but the profits would have been too low to make investment worthwhile.

The nearest Hub meet-up to Coventry is at Leamington Spa. I've often thought about attending but, following my one experience at the St Albans meet-up where I was very much the novice of the group, I've always developed cold feet beforehand.

If you're interested in meeting up to compare notes, or indeed making a joint trip to the Leamington meeting, please get in touch.

Regards,

Roger

Hey Roger,

Yes would definitely be interested in talking more with you and comparing notes. 

The area around Warwick Uni is good for HMOs. Personally we're aiming our properties more at young working people than students, but its still good for people who work at the university, and the nearby business parks, retail parks. Also close to Tile Hill and Canley train stations.

Considering going to one of the Leamington Spa meetups too if I get chance but since you're living not too far from me, PM me if you want to grab a coffee or a beer more locally.

Cheers,

Pete